At Bredy Vets, our small, dedicated, and experienced team of vets provide a wide range of large animal services to our local farmers. We treat dairy, beef, sheep, goats, pigs and poultry, as well as exotics.
We deal with large herds as well as small-holdings. Our 24 hour emergency call out service enables us to provide a highly responsive service at all times, as well as being available to discuss any problems or give advice over the phone, no matter how big or small.
The services we provide include: –
- Treatment of individual animals.
- Herd investigations and management.
- Routine DEFRA tests such as pre-movement and annual TB tests.
- Planned health and fertility visits with the use of ultrasound scanners.
- We use NMR Interherd software to organise routine fertility visits for dairy herds and to investigate herd health problems in dairy herds. We can also help farmers use their own Interherd software, and to combine Interherd information with information from websites such as the NMR’s Herd Companion.
- Farmer support, training and meetings.
- In-house laboratory tests.
- Post-mortem examinations.
- A large stock of drugs kept at the surgery for repeat prescriptions eg milking/dry cow tubes.
We have a friendly and helpful reception team, and sufficient vets to be able to provide continuity to our clients and the best quality of care to the animals.
Beef calf born by caesarian section.